I moved recently, so my baking has dwindled significantly, as someone broke into my car the first day in the new house and stole my bag of dried goods (the flour, sugar, etc.). So I was dreading starting my baking ingredient collection again, but finally I've gotten around to starting. So since I wanted to make muffins, I wanted to make something people would eat. So I asked my boyfriend what kind of muffin he wantd.
Alan: Chocolate brownie muffin.
Me: What do you mean by chocolate brownie muffin?
Alan: If you can't figure it out you shouldn't bake!
Me: OK, I'll find something to do.
To be quite honest, it's basically a brownie shaped like a muffin. But the boyfriend was happy. I found this recipe on recipezaar.com.
The Ultimate Chocolate Brownie Muffin
3/4 cup good quality baking cocoa
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup boiling water
1 tbsp vanilla
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350.
2. Line 1 muffin tins with muffin liners.
3. In a medum bowl combine cocoa and baking powder; mix to combibe.
4. Add in boiling water; mix well with a wooden spoon to combine.
5. Add in the melted butter and vanilla; mix well.
6. Add in the sugar, mix well with a wooden spoon.
7. Stir in eggs with a wooden spoon; mix until combined
8. Mix the flour with salt; add in the chocolate mixture; mix well to combine.
9. Add in chocolate chips.
10. Using an ice cream scoop fill each of the muffin tins almost to the top.
11. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until muffins are done.