Anyway, this is one of my photos. The first thing I baked for this project was the pumpkin cheesecake, which I've already put in here. This was my second attempt. I had never worked with pomegranates before, and while difficult to get the seeds out, it was worth the hunt! Yum!
1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp grated orange peel
1 cup milk
1/3 cup butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a muffin tin.
2. In a bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir in orange peel and pomegranate seeds. Make a well in the center.
3. Whisk together milk, egg, and cooled butter. Pour liquid into well and stir until batter is moistened and ingredients are evenly mixed.
4. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle tops with sugar.
5. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Let muffins cool for 10 minutes before removing.
ALSO!!! Suzanne! I still need your email address. If in a few days I haven't heard from you the random number generator is going to select a new winner of the Guy Food Cookbook!